Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Revival of the fittest

The squirrels' dust-bathing activities seemed to have obliterated several of my young plantings but I am happy to report signs of life.

Wild Geranium: thought I had lost one of the five, but it has defied the odds and is showing strong signs of life.

Summer (or Garden) Phlox: two of the five I planted were objects of the squirrels' destruction and both are on the rebound.


Lots of stems have broken, or should I say have been broken by the rodents in fur coats, but they all seem to be taking it well. One Downy Skullcap is even blooming from its broken stem. Two of the three Golden Seals look pitiful, but they were shipped with a "dormant" sign. I'll have to read up further on their growing characteristics.

Right now I have another 39 plants on order and I am knocking on wood, crossing my fingers, and rubbing my lucky rabbit's foot in hopes that they arrive tomorrow.

No comments: