Sunday, April 11, 2010

Brilliant Sunset

As I walked out onto my westward facing deck, I saw the most awesome brilliant orange red sunset. I ran in to grab my camera .... had to put the lens on .... and when I came back it had sunk further down. I wish I had seen it just a few minutes earlier, but I did manage to take this photograph.




What really floored me, and warmed my heart, was the Dad and his two preteen sons riding their bikes down the street. One of the sons stopped and asked his Dad if they could watch the sunset. And they did! Unbelievable in this age of video games and kids barely getting outside to play. This Mom and Dad are raising great kids.

,_
>' )
( ( \
" |\

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic. Boy has this been a HOT summer or what? I am glad it's winding down for sure.