Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Birdscapes - A New Year

I did a survey of all the flowers and shrubs I planted last summer to see which survived and which seemed to have perished. Maybe a few are still dormant?

First, I have to say I love flowers and birds and nature, but can you also say "Geek" in the same sentence? My analytical mind controls ...... I need the statistics. Survival rate of the 130 I planted ...... 67%. I was hoping for a larger ratio, but I'll take two-thirds.

The biggest disappointments were the coneflowers. My greatest victory was seeing flowers I thought that the squirrels had demolished rise again. Granted, most demonized by the furry little critters were the coneflowers, but a few others have shown their ability to withstand their playful nature.

Sorry the above is of such bad quality, but I am having trouble inserting a table into blogger. I also took photographs of some of the plants. The first is the Celandine Poppy which is starting to bloom today. They others are still a ways off, but hopefully there will be some action to be enjoyed soon.


Celandine Poppy

Columbine

Ohio Horsemint

Pussy Toes

Wild Sweet William

Sedum

1 comment:

Rambling Woods said...

Maybe my coneflowers won't come back either then...Love the stats..my least favorite course in college next to PE..