Sunday, September 13, 2009

Family Reunion 2009

I feel fortunate to have a very close family, not only my immediate family, but my extended family including cousins and their children and their children's children. Wow, as much as I love to see the young ones, it reminds me that I'm no longer the young 'un!

This weekend was the annual reunion for my Dad's side of the family. My grandparents Leo & Rudina Klarer (long deceased) had 8 children and only one still survives, my Aunt Rita. And there are two daughters-in-law from that generation: my Mom and my Uncle Bill's wife, Rita. Grandchildren total 22. Great-grandchildren 36. Great Great Grandchildren (to date) 8. Not counting spouses, that's a total of 69? And the attendance at the Reunion was close to 60. Not a bad showing.

I feel horrible that I only took a couple pictures. Here's the best of the day (I'm embarrassed!)


But what can I say? As Lyle Lovett writes in his song "Family Reserve":

So mama don't you make such a stir
Just put down that camera
And come on and join up
The last of the family reserve

And that's what I did. Put down the camera and spent the whole day enjoying my family. And I have one of the best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a good time. Glad there is one picture for proof. :0. Glad we did it. Everyone had such a good time that it sounds like reunions will be happening for years to come. ~Ann