Thursday, September 3, 2009

It was a Red-Bellied Woodpecker!

I was back to work today feeling marginally better, but since I wasn't contagious, there was no way I could stay out another day. I did make it home for lunch and once again heard the familiar call of the Red-Belly that did it's best to stay out of view.

I was walking out the door to return to the office, looked at the feeders on the patio, and lo & behold, there he was on the platform. Looks to be a juvenile male. He stuck around and I was able to get this half-way decent photograph. Then he flew off for a brief tiff with a Downy Woodpecker on the telephone pole before he went on his merry way.



Hopefully this is a good sign for a very birdy 2009-10 Project FeederWatch (start date 11/14/09).

,_
>' )
( ( \
" |\

1 comment:

Rambling Woods said...

Don't you just love the red-bellied. I am so happy that you are in your own place again to enjoy the birds...