Sunday, January 4, 2009

PFW - Week 9: Ho Hum (unless you're a CARDINAL fan)

This weekend's count, nothing exciting:
  • Song Sparrow 1
  • Dark-eyed Junco 1
  • Northern Cardinal 2
  • House Finch 4 (0 with eye disease)
Even Lucy seemed bored by the lackluster showing of birds. I'm just waiting for the weekend when I have to check this box on the Project FeederWatch data entry form:
Check if you watched your feeders but NO BIRDS were present.

The weekend was saved when the Louisville Cardinals beat rival Kentucky Wildcats in a basketball game that was won at the buzzer by a long three from Edgar Sosa. Another one of my favorite teams, the Tennessee Lady Vols, also pulled out a tough win against Rutgers yesterday. Unfortunately, Tennessee's men's team couldn't make it happen.


Song Sparrow on the platform feeder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the lack of birds and I know it must be frustrating for you...but you did do an excellent ID on my song sparrow and I had almost written it off as a tree sparrow..so we are learning..@:}

Come to think of it I have never had a song sparrow come to a bird feeder, not even the ground feeders. Must be a very smart song sparrow.