Sunday, June 14, 2009

Apartment Ups and Downs

I've been thinking about apartment life and realized there's not much I will miss. The best I can say is that it was great to have free maintenance on hand. Bathtub clogged with hair? Sink backs up? Just call and they will take care of it ASAP. Raccoon nearly busts through your closet ceiling? (Yes, that actually happened one night.) Nothing for me to worry about. I suppose the pool was a nice perk. I was there quite a bit last summer. Other than that, I am only grateful that I was able to find a decent place to live until I was able to become a homeowner once again.

I can list quite a few things that weren't to my liking, but the number one problem, at least with my unit, was the STAIRS! 35 steps up from the parking lot to my front door. And 52 paces total including the landings between stairs. And once inside the apartment, another 15 steps up to the bedroom.

Looking Down


Looking Up


On a day to day basis, it wasn't so bad. But you quickly learned that a trip to the grocery store meant buying ONLY what you needed at the time. You do anything to minimize trips up and down the steps lugging bags and packages that weigh you down.

A small ranch home is sounding better all the time.

,_
>' )
( ( \
" |\

No comments: