Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cease Lease Please

If it wasn't for the dang lease on the apartment, I could be in the new home by now. Patience, Amy. It will happen soon enough. In the meantime, I wish I could at least add more birds to the apartment bird list as a reward for my patience. The list is only up to 31 with the latest addition being the Barn Swallows swooping through the air gleaning insects. I've seen them plenty of times before, but have never been able to positively identify them until the close-up views of late.

I also had a closer view of the Green Heron this morning. He landed on the power lines and sat still long enough for a decent photo.



Lucy is still trying to keep the squirrels at bay, but they usually ignore her. I do appreciate her continued attempts even though most times the squirrels realize she won't get to them. The element of surprise does the trick, though, every once in a while.

,_
>' )
( ( \
" |\

Happy Birthday, Pops!

No comments: