Sunday, March 15, 2009

PFW - Week 19: Otherwise Distracted

March Madness has begun so I didn't have much time to look at the feeders, but overall the count was decent.

  • Mourning Dove 2
  • Carolina Chickadee 1
  • Northern Mockingbird 1
  • European Starling 10
  • Dark-eyed Junco 2
  • Northern Cardinal 2
  • House Finch 4 (0 with eye disease)
  • House Sparrow 4
Now onto the most exciting news: my Louisville Cardinals were selected as the overall number 1 seed in the NCAA tournament after winning the Big East Conference outright, and outlasting a very tough Syracuse team to win the Big East Conference tournament last night. My hat's off to Syracuse that hung through six overtimes Thursday night to oust a great UConn team.

"Sadly" the Big Blue Nation is calling for Billy Gillispie's head as the University of Kentucky missed the tournament for the first time in 17 years! I shouldn't be so gleeful, but UofK fans get under my skin with their "little brother" comments toward Louisville. It is a great rivalry so I expect attitude and just ignore it as much as I can. And this year it is so much easier!

Up next:  the Women's field is set tomorrow night.  Will the Louisville Lady Cards get a #1 seed as well?  A #2 seed would be good.


Go Cards!

,_
>' )
( ( \
" |\

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you love March Madness.. I expect to have low counts today and Tuesday with the warmer weather..

North West Birds said...

I'm glad to see that you saw no house finches with eye disease!