Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Where's Waldo

I'm sitting on my patio, enjoying the break in the horrific heat wave that had beset St Louis for the past week, when I heard this bird calling out over and over. I knew it was coming from the tree in front of me, but couldn't see it. Do you see the bird?



Finally, I could see the fluttering of wings ... it was a baby Robin. Look to the left side of the picture on the tree trunk.



He was screaming and screaming with no adults coming his way to feed him. But he did get around quite well despite his inability to fly. He left the tree and then hopped over to the patio. Wasn't happy there, so he spent a lot of time in the vinca.



He definitely has a good set of lungs. I never saw an adult come his way to feed him, but I do believe I heard him the next morning. Hopefully that's a good sign that he is on his way to becoming an adult bird.




,_
>' )
( ( \
" |\

No comments: