Saturday, March 24, 2007

From concept to reality ..... the beginning


The stone has been ordered and is scheduled to be delivered Monday morning. Time to actually start the work. I had already laid out the path with a garden hose. I figured a good way to start was to use the tiller to define it before I actually started digging it out. That wasn't too bad, although my mechanical skills are lacking. I had to call Ed out twice to get the tiller started. Happy to say I have now mastered that skill after receiving lessons from a genius!

The total length of the path is 91 feet with a width of 4 feet along the main path and 3 feet on the side paths. This equates to 340 square feet and will require 5500 lbs. of stone. Between the digging and stone movement, I think I'm in for a workout. Yikes!

No comments: