Saturday, March 24, 2007

This is what I started with ..........


These pictures were taken last October when everything was still green. You can see where I began killing off the grass.

I am definitely overwhelmed by the tasks that will have to be done to get it to the yard I wish it to be. I almost called this blog "Dreamscapes" because I am afraid that my plans are grandiose and reside only in my mind without the ability to escape to a plan that will eventually be executed. Perhaps "Nightmarescapes" is more like it!!

Nevertheless, I have started to execute the plan. Step 1: build a garden path so I can wander through and enjoy the wonderful plants that I WILL be planting. Today, I went to a landscape supplier and purchased the stones and a sand for the base. First rude awakening, it cost twice what I thought it would. This is not a good beginning, but I will persevere.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Exciting! How did you kill of the grass?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"Off." Kill "off" the grass. Too much WootOff, Bristol racing, and ribs.

Amy said...

I'm glad it wasn't a three day WootOff. I was fried at the end of the last one. And basketball this weekend. I love March Madness, but will be glad when the run of 64 games in three weeks ends in a week.

I killed off the grass with weed & grass killer from Ace Hardware - two applications. I know. Not good for the environment. I can be a bad person :(