Wednesday, August 1, 2007

August already???

I feel like I just got started, yet here we are well into summer. Happy to report that there are now 111 plants in the ground! And most of them are in the shady area. I have to start planting in the sunny area. There's still lots of work to do before Fall arrives. Definitely more plants, tend to the stray green stuff that constantly pops up, and raise areas of the stone path that have sunk.

This week a long lost bird returned with fledgling in tow. I haven't seen the Carolina Wren in months. S/he was a welcome sight.

And I also saw my first Brown-headed Cowbird fledgling of the season. As usual in my yard, it was with a Cardinal. It seems to be past the demanding stage that runs the Cardinal ragged. Surprised this is the first I've seen of it.

No comments: