Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Flutter By - Red-Spotted Purple

At least that's what I think this is. My more-loverly-by-the-day garden is attracting butterflies. Gosh, so happy I did this. The rewards are fun. I bought a Butterfly field guide and this looks to be the Red-Spotted Purple, although I haven't examined this guide as closely as the 15 or so Bird field guides I have. My getting-older brain can only absorb so much, and I think I've had my quota for the year trying to learn about the native plants!



2 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

I love what you are doing here...the butterfly looks like what I see in my guide..but I'm not sure. Fun to learn something new..

Amy said...

And there has been a lot of new lately between the butterflies, tree frogs, plants. This morning, I believe a flock of Ruby-crowned Kinglets passed through, but I'll have too look at the pics I took. Unfortunately, bad lighting, but I'm hoping I can pull out a positive ID from them.

I hope I can continue to say: you're never too old to learn something new.