Sunday, August 26, 2007

Phase One COMPLETE!

The path is built, 130 plants are in the ground. I knew I could do this when I started, although I lost confidence early on. Here it is almost 6 months later. This weekend I did a major weed removal and mulched the entire area. I'm looking forward to next spring to see how all the plants have faired. AND BLOOMING! I want to see lots of flowers!! I'll post pictures later to show you how it is shaping up.

Had a couple of interesting sightings today. I believe I've seen a Hairy Woodpecker in the past but could never confirm. Today I had a definite sighting, with blurry picture, but a definite picture! New addition to the life list.





Later in the afternoon I was cleaning the bird bath, tilted it up to dump the old water and found this cute little frog/toad? hiding underneath. Don't know how it got there, or why. Maybe to get out of the heat? Anyway, it finally scurried off after a long time and I was able to complete the chore. First time I have ever seen an amphibian in the yard.

UPDATE: Tree Frog

No comments: