Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hot forecasted, and delivered as promised

YIKES has it been hot. 90's up to the 100+ degree level. And no relief in sight. It won't be below 92 during the day for the next 10 days. I gripe about this as if it is my own personal problem! I'm sure many of you are sweltering as well.

Too hot to take pictures, so here's my written account. Sprinkler on to keep my plants growing and/or sustaining. Squirrels still showing their destructive behavior. I keep the babies planted and mulched the best I can, and check on them twice a day. The tomatoes continue to be vandalized just as they ripen (GRRRR).

Bird life is definitely down. Other than the three (count them, 3!!! high number in my yard) hummingbirds that show up, activity is way down. A month ago, I had to fill the feeders three times a day. Now it's once every three days. Prevalent birds are house sparrows, house finches, robins, cardinals, hummers, mourning doves. Occassional visitors: chickadee, goldfinch, grackle, starling, carolina wren.

To all, keep cool!

No comments: