Sunday, December 7, 2008

PFW - Week 5: More of the same

Just the typical birds for this weekend's PFW count. Yesterday's temps were somewhat moderate for this time of year, but extremely windy conditions which probably kept some of the birds away. Today it was much colder, 15 degrees at 7:00 a.m., and not much warmer throughout the day, but at least the winds were much calmer. The bird count was:

  • Downy Woodpecker 1
  • American Robin 2
  • Cedar Waxwing 8
  • Song Sparrow 1
  • Northern Cardinal 2
  • House Finch 8 (0 with eye disease)
  • House Sparrow 4
No bird pictures, but I have to post the latest of Lucy.



Early this morning as the sun was rising, I noticed the clouds reflecting in the office building windows across from me. I liked the way they were distorted and took a few photographs.











Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How is Lucy doing? She looks great. I love the photos of the sky in the windows. I don't count until tomorrow, but last count was very low and I then saw the hawk across the pond so that must have been why. But it is now very cold and the feeders are very busy. -Michelle-