Saturday, May 5, 2007

Kentucky Derby 133 - The Run for the Roses

I was born and raised in Louisville, KY so the Derby has a special place in my heart. Sad to say, though, I am just barely following it this year. The favorite? I'm not sure. I would like to thank my Mom and her cousin Frances for keeping my collection of Derby Festival mini-posters current.

The Derby is for out-of-towners and celebrities. Tickets can be had for the locals, but at a high price. Ed and I did attend two years ago thanks to my sister and her friend who obtained walking passes for the day. Just the third time I attended a Derby in my life.

The Oaks runs the Friday before the Derby and Oaks Day tends to be the day the locals can enjoy a day at the races. Another alternative, attend the fall meet as my family did the day after Thanksgiving last year. These pictures were taken from that visit.

I hope everyone enjoys the Derby, the most exciting two minutes in sports!

No comments: