Sunday, May 6, 2007

Thanks!

My mystery bird has been identified as the Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Thanks to the MO-Birders and other friends for their help. There are so many little birds, I just never made it to that section when trying to figure this one out.

I've also had suggestions about the bluebird -- consider the Indigo Bunting. That is a very real possibility. I only hope the beautiful bluebird returns and allows me a positive ID.

I didn't have much time for birding today, but did capture the White-crowned Sparrow singing this morning.

The Rose-breasted Grosbeaks continue to grace my yard. There were three males and one female out and about during the day. They seem to be more "accustomed" to my presence. Although the male wasn't smack dab on top of the fountain, he was drinking from the fountain from an inconspicuous place not more than 15 feet away. The female was feeding on the ground in plain view.

No comments: