Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ahhh ..... the Joys of Spring


Winter is lingering in the midwest. Tuesday morning the standing water had receded and I was looking forward to continuing the work on the path that evening. Silly me! I have to remind myself to check the weather forecast once in a while. Late morning a steady rain started. I went home at lunch time and the wetlands had returned! Maybe it was a good idea to place the landscape base along the path. If the banks overflow, the sandbags are in place to protect the rest of the yard and house. Geez ... what a mess. I figure it will be at least another 2 and a half days before the water recedes (Friday night?).

And to top it all off, the front brought in lots of cold weather. Since Tuesday, there have been three straight nights of below freezing temps. I had to plug in the heater to the bird bath so my little friends would have water in the morning.

Forecast through the weekend: no higher than the upper 40's and mid 20's every night.

No comments: