Sunday, April 8, 2007

Stoned out of my mind


Finally, the base is in and I begin moving the stone to the backyard. One pallet down, one to go. This was a lot easier moving job than the landscape base. Several of the stones were huge and too much to handle, so I broke them down into manageable pieces. Plus I rigged up a ramp so that I didn't have to carry the stones through the garage before putting them into the wheelbarrow. That saved a lot of time and physical labor.

Next up ........... jigsaw puzzle. How to fit all of these odd shaped stones into the path.


Birds of note today:
  • Brown Thrasher, first of the season ... brief glimpse.
  • Tufted Titmouse made another appearance.
  • Song Sparrow back.
  • Red-winged Blackbird that I hear singing every day finally came out of hiding.


Winter Birds:
  • Every day I think the Dark-eyed Junco is finally gone, but one or two still shows up late in the day. Based on previous records, they should be completely gone this week.
  • The White-throated Sparrow is still hanging around, and probably will be for another few weeks.