Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Garden Path Update



Gosh, I can't believe it has been over a week. The weather last week was wonderful. I took half a day off from my income-producing job last Tuesday to work on the path. First, I had to level the Minus base since the rains had made a bit of a mess of it. Minus hardens up when it dries so after all my complaints of rain, this required watering it down to loosen it. After that, I worked until there was no more light, but I finished putting the stones in place!


Friday night and Saturday morning I leveled the stones, and purchased yet 15 more bags of Minus. I figured I would need 10, but better safe than sorry since the place is closed on Sunday.


Saturday afternoon I start filling in around the stones with the Minus. I am so carefully "spooning" the Minus around the stones and tamping it down little by little. If anyone out there plans on building one of these, talk to me first. Another lesson learned .......... just dump it onto the path and brush it into the cracks and crevices. That's what I did Sunday and did it ever go so much faster. Five feet left to fill, and of course I run out of Minus. Knew that was coming, didn't you.


But I finished it Monday night after work and moved all the excess stones out of the way. Other than moving the piles of dirt and/or smoothing them out, I AM DONE!!!! I now leave it up to nature to weather it and make it look more natural.


No comments: