Saturday, April 7, 2007

Bird News

Project Feeder Watch ended a week ago so, go figure, interesting birds are showing up. The Tufted Titmouse was all but absent for the entire count, yet he has shown up daily over the past few days. I saw the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker occasionally late last year, so I was surprised to see him show up today.

I'm just thrilled that the number of starlings is significantly down -- 100's of them a month ago, now just two to four. Of course, it appears that they are nesting in the roof eaves of my next door neighbor's house, like they did last year. Wish I could exterminate that nest.

The Mockingbird used to hang out in my yard, but it appears he has moved up the street. I was happy to see and hear him in my neck of the woods. I first heard his singing. Once I spotted him on the neighbor's roof I was thrilled to see him displaying.

And here's a photograph of a Carolina Chickadee -- love these little ones.

No comments: